BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology for government, business, and campaigns. Founded in 2013 by senior members of the Obama for America re-election campaign team, we help our clients optimize their engagements with individual customers, supporters and stakeholders to achieve their goals.
Today, our team counts over 50 data scientists, engineers, and strategists from diverse backgrounds who share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. We’ve served more than 400 organizations ranging from political campaigns to advocacy groups, unions, government agencies, and international groups, as well as companies in the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and other industries. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach.
The BlueLabs Government Analytics practice is at the forefront of revolutionizing the ways that citizens use and learn about government services. Our team specializes in creating personalized nudges that empower people with the information they need to take action and make informed choices. We work closely with internal government innovation groups, and build on the analytics informed feedback loops pioneered in e-commerce, advocacy, politics, and consumer finance.
Our work focuses on individual targeted outreach efforts across email, SMS, phone and mail, empowered by a culture of testing. These contacts have a direct, measurable impact on the lives of millions of individuals. We work closely with internal government innovation groups, and build on the analytics methodology pioneered in e-commerce, advocacy and retail.
Our analytics support ranges from strategic analysis—such as identifying year-over-year trends in demand and availability—to operational support—such as measuring the effectiveness of specific outreach tactics.
What you'll do:
- Oversee development and implementation of monitoring KPIs for Medicare.gov properties
- Develop evaluation strategies for measuring impact of medicare.gov changes (or potential impact of proposed changes).
- Serve as a thought leader within the CMS community about consumer behavior as it relates to medicare consumer experience.
- Strive to support team excellence by developing high quality documentation.
- Manage a direct team of 1 (with team growth potential) , and coordinate work of additional matrixed team members as needed.
- Develop the annual learning agenda including design of randomized trials, identification of natural experiments, and design of post-open enrollment analysis.
- Facilitate weekly meeting calls with government stakeholders to assess progress and plan upcoming activities.
- Collaborate with engineers and external stakeholders to troubleshoot problems and proactively create solutions.
- Closely work with engineers to identify and troubleshoot issues in database performance or data transfers.
- Coordinate with CMS stakeholders to prioritize and delegate analysis and engineering tasks.
- Coordinate sync processes and troubleshoot data discrepancies with upstream data sources.
- Supervise analysis of data about how individuals use digital tools in order to make government services more intuitive and engaging, and the outreach around them more relevant and effective.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to deliver accurate products on short deadlines.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about using data-driven solutions to improve social outcomes, and bring a multidisciplinary approach to doing so.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- We’re not building a team for a day—this is a project for the long haul. More than anything else, we’re looking for people who are excited by our mission, love to create, are honest about what they know, fascinated by what they don’t, and relish the opportunity to work with people who value the same.
You probably have:
- Demonstrated success ensuring a high-quality work product, and managing team workflows and timelines.
- Experience assigning work, leading, and growing team members -- This may or may not have been as a formal people manager.
- Experience with growth analytics and/or web user behavior analytics.
- Proficient understanding of how to manipulate data with SQL.
- Experience going from insight to impact: Using the results of your analysis to tell a story through visualization, presentation, and writing.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally.
- Experience working in large and/or messy datasets.
- Progressive work experience using data about people.
You may have:
- Experience working on a high volume web application in government, e-commerce, consumer finance, a political campaign or similar organization.
- Experience working with healthcare eligibility & enrollment data.
- Experience leading creation of complex, repeatable data pipelines that operate on significant data pipelines.
- Proficiency in one or more general or statistical programming languages such as Python, Ruby or R – and/or interest learning new ones.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field or equivalent technical training.
In order to be qualified for this position you must currently have or be able to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance, which requires either US Citizenship or 3 years of US residency.
The salary for this role is $105,000+ annually.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.