Data Analyst - Healthcare
The BlueLabs Government Analytics practice is at the forefront of revolutionizing the ways that citizens use and learn about government services. Our team specializes in creating personalized nudges that empower people with the information they need to take action and make informed choices. We work closely with internal government innovation groups, and build on the analytics methodology pioneered in e-commerce, advocacy, politics, and consumer finance.
You will work on a fast-paced, impact-driven project team that is charged with reinventing the ways that seniors interact with and receive information about Medicare, with a particular focus on creating an intuitive and proactively engaging digital experience for the next 20 million Americans who will enroll. We know this is a big task with many facets, and we embrace nuance, inclusivity, and complexity to deliver programs that work for the diverse groups of individuals who rely on us.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about using data-driven solutions to improve social outcomes, and bring a multidisciplinary approach to doing so.
- You're excited that one day you may be identifying individuals who'd benefit from a diabetes prevention program, another day you'll be helping people displaced by a disaster find specialist care in their new location, and another you'll be improving the ways that consumers predict out-of-pocket costs.
- You’re not afraid of messy data --and yet you also pull the emergency stop when something looks or feels wrong.
We’re not building a team for a day—this is a project for the long haul. More than anything else, we’re looking for people who are excited by our mission, love to create, are honest about what they know, fascinated by what they don’t, and relish the opportunity to work with people who value the same.
Your Role At BlueLabs
- Develop repeatable data transformations, integrating data from dozens of disparate data sources, to create a clear, unified view of 62+ million Medicare beneficiaries.
- Analyze healthcare claims datasets to find novel insights -- and then communicate those in a way that moves the needle on people’s health outcomes.
- Analyze data about how individuals use digital tools in order to make services more intuitive and engaging, and the outreach around them more relevant and effective.
- Check, clean and transform incoming data for data pipelines and outreach (email, SMS, etc) campaigns.
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, program managers and external stakeholders to troubleshoot problems and proactively create solutions.
- Strive to support team excellence by developing high quality documentation.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to deliver accurate products on short deadlines.
You probably have:
- Proficient understanding of how to manipulate data with SQL.
- Experience creating complex, repeatable data pipelines that operate on millions or billions of records
- Proficiency in one or more general or statistical programming languages such as Python, Ruby or R – and/or interest learning new ones.
- Experience going from insight to impact: Using the results of your analysis to tell a story through visualization, presentation, and writing.
- 2+ years of work experience working with data about people.
You may have:
- Experience working with healthcare data -- claims or EHR data.
- Experience working on a high volume, targeted outreach campaign in government, e-commerce, consumer finance, a political campaign or similar organization.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field or equivalent technical training.
- Experience creating informative and engaging data visualizations.
In order to be qualified for this position you must currently have or be able to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance, which requires either US Citizenship or 3 years of US residency.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.